June 24, 2019
I acknowledge that students who are entering STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields must attend college. But for most of the rest, sending your child to college is playing Russian roulette with their values, character and even joy of life. Dennis Prager
"A judge has no right to tell an independent media outlet to remove factually based content and commentary from a website, particularly since this website is my livelihood. As a former history teacher, I understand why the Founding Fathers insisted that free speech be protected in the Bill of Rights, particularly speech that some may find offensive. Protecting agreeable speech is easy, but our freedoms are put to the test when some find it to be controversial." Aidan Kearney
"When your personal experience, and particularly your livelihood, is tied up in a particular pattern of the world, it’s really hard right to hear anybody say anything that appears to attack that or discredit it." Janine Parry
"Thanks. I will pass on this.” Former United States Attorney Andrew Luger
The video released so far features race arsonist/narcissist Jussie Smollett still wearing the "noose" around his neck, long after the "attack."
If you don't think you need to specify your pronouns, because you are not gender-fluid at all and are clearly a man or a woman, that is just your "transphobia" talking.Some of these stupid tweets copied below:
Cis people, please: Put your pronouns on your profileHow else can we re-architect the basics and fundamentals of our lives to better appease an unhinged 0.01% of the population, and make their own mental illness our own? A friend of mine says that one big advantage for Trump this election is that the Olympics are happening just months before it. And I don't mean the patriotism aspect. I mean the part where for the first time, normal Americans see obviously biological men beating the shit out of actual women in sports. I know, based on personal experience, that the more normal sort of liberals don't know about this -- only conservative sites cover it. Liberal news organizations know that the normies don't like this and either embargo the stories entirely or only cover it under their Gay Pride type verticals, where only the right sort of audience will see it. An older woman I know, a complete I'm With Her Hillary Democrat, did not believe this was real until she recently saw a video report about it. She watches CNN and MSNBC religiously (and I do mean religiously), and for some reason, they had kept the growing participation of men in women's sports from her. She was not a fan of the idea when she finally found out this wasn't a "Faux News Russian bot story." And the Olympic committee says "Yes, please!" to biological men competing in women's sports.
Put your pronouns on your profile
Put your pronouns on your profile
Put your pronouns on your profile
Put your pronouns on your profile
Put your pronouns on your profile
Put your pronouns on your profile -- Ez (@BestLaidTrans) June 22, 2019 And anyone who's first thought in response to this is: "but I don't need to! People can clearly see I'm a man/woman!" or anything if the sort Guess what *game show host voice* Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's transphobia! -- Ez (@BestLaidTrans) June 22, 2019 hy should cis people put their pronouns on your profile you ask? It normalises stating pronouns & makes it easier for trans people to exist in the world & stops us being targeted It challenges the that gender is obvious, that you're "clearly a man" without specifying pronouns -- Ez (@BestLaidTrans) June 22, 2019
If you're not making it easier for trans people to exist in the world, then you're making it harder. There's no safe middle uninvolved neutral fence with this. You help trans people exist or you contribute to oppression. Make a choice 🙂 — Ez (@BestLaidTrans) June 22, 2019
Cis folk: adding pronouns is such a small task! It takes 10 seconds for you to add pronouns to your bio. I'm not asking you to take to the barricades & fight someone, I'm saying make a small change. If you're not willing as an ally to even do that, wtf are you even here for — Ez 🌻 (@BestLaidTrans) June 22, 2019
Trey Gowdy said Sunday that an FBI transcript he reviewed while in Congress changed his "perspective" of the Mueller investigation. Republicans have alluded to the mystery transcript, which is believed to be from an FBI informant’s interactions with George Papadopoulos. Gowdy has previously said the transcript is a potential "game-changer" in terms of the public’s opinion of the FBI’s investigation of the Trump campaign. ... "I was supportive of [Robert] Mueller. I was supportive of the idea to initiate, to investigate what Russia did, but when I saw this transcript, it actually changed my perspective" Gowdy said in an interview on Fox News' "Sunday Morning Futures." Republicans have hinted at the existence of a transcript that contains exculpatory information for Papadopoulos, who the FBI claims was the catalyst for its counterintelligence investigation of the Trump campaign.I don't think this article is worth a full post, but a man released from jail after raping a woman tracked the same woman down and assaulted her again. You have to read down into the story to find out: Yes, he was an illegal alien, the subject of not one but two deportation orders. And the Democrats are still fighting to keep this man in the US, where he'll be captured-and-released to rape and rape again.
It's amazing how this story of an illegal alien [still at large] released by judge after raping disabled woman twice, went straight back to her and tried to kill her is still not in the news https://t.co/mq0VdAkO6e— Daniel Horowitz (@RMConservative) June 24, 2019
Empowered Femininity: Foodie Calls
"Foodie calls" is a new term describing a woman going on a date, where she's not interested in the guy, and a "study" says that one quarter to one third of women admit to doing it.
The results are in: she only wanted to try that hot new restaurant. A new study published Friday in the Society for Personality and Social Psychology journal found that a quarter to a third of heterosexual women have gone on a date with a guy they weren't interested in -- just for a free meal. "Foodie calls," can happen when money's tight, the grocery store is out of a favorite frozen meal, or a must-try entree is just too extravagant to justify -- when the tab comes out of your own bank account. Two studies, the first conducted with 820 women, and the second with 327, asked participants if they ever engaged in a plate for play: 23% of the women copped to it in the first study, 33% in the second. The researchers -- Brian Collisson, Jennifer Howell, and Trista Harig of Azusa Pacific University and UC Merced -- also noted that the woman who felt dating for food was socially acceptable were more likely to exhibit the "dark tria"” of personality traits. That's "psychopathy, Machiavellianism, and narcissism" for those without a PhD in psych.So, if I were setting up a dating service, I would set it up so that people would list activities they were interested in doing, and the other person would say which of those they'd like to do. Dinner would never be an option, because dinner forces you to talk only about yourself or ask dumb questions. but an activity gives you a safe and maybe interesting external topic to talk about. It's the hardest sort of date so why do it as the first one? There'd be a list of tickets for activities would mostly be stuff like museums, hiking (with a group), maybe a first rock-climbing class, a wine-tasting, ice-skating for an hour and a half, a walking tour of the city, etc. Stuff where you can talk about something interesting going on around you that isn't just "How many brothers do you have?" and "What do you do at your job?" I think people used to do more of that sort of gayballz activity in olden times, when "courting," and it worked better. And I'd additionally monetize it buy getting discount tickets to that sort of event and selling them through the site for a 10% profit or whatnot. Like a Love Groupon. Also, both parties would have to buy their own ticket. Site rule. To make sure that everything is very casual. I think people do better on dates when they don't have the heightened drama of the date needing to pay off for the guy (if he's shelling out money) or the woman feeling she has to pretend to be interested to justify the free meal. And then I'd be just swimming in cash. Low-stakes dating with 60% fewer awkward silences -- that's the Ace of Spades Matchmaker Service guarantee! These are my thoughts on this very important subject which I know you were just dying to hear my ideas about.
Your... birth day?Are you quite sure about that?
When are these leakers going to be hunted down and punished? Anyone who is leaking information from the White House needs to be discovered and punished severely.... In this case, word leaked out that the Trump administration was going to conduct a 10-city immigration raid on Sunday. The raid was to focus on migrants who have been denied asylum but have not left the country. It appears that leak came from Kevin McAleenan, Trump's Homeland Security Secretary. Come on, man. Trump has picked the worst people to work in the administration and the clowns he hasn't picked were picked by the establishment Republican industry who are not on board with his agenda. What a dumpster fire.For starters, yeah.
According to the Washington Examiner:Fire him.
However, all five officials who spoke with the Washington Examiner confirmed McAleenan's decision to go rogue and stymie the operation was what prompted the White House to call off the 10-city operation. A third official claimed McAleenan "cares more about what liberals and 'Never Trumpers' in Congress and the media think of him than achieving the express mission of his department."
New evidence indicates that Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar was residing with her current husband, Ahmed Abdisalan Hirsi, while also being legally married to another man, Ahmed Nur Said Elmi. Omar was married to Elmi in 2009 and later divorced in 2017.
Between 2002 and 2008, Omar was religiously married to her current husband, Hirsi. They were never legally married. In 2008, Omar and Hirsi decided to end their relationship. In 2009, Omar married Elmi. In 2011, she claims that they religiously divorced. However, they delayed their legal divorce until 2017. In 2011, when Omar religiously divorced Elmi, she reconciled with her current husband. After Omar and Elmi legally divorced, she legally married Hirsi in 2018. The Washington Examiner uncovered a trail of traffic violations and misdemeanor charges that indicate Hirsi and Omar were living together between 2006 and 2012. Yet, when questioned about her marriages, she claims to be separated from Hirsi between 2008 until 2011 when they "reconciled." This newfound information only fuels the flames, as Omar is currently under scrutiny for filing a joint tax return in 2014 and 2015 with her current husband Hirsi, although they were not legally married, as she was still legally married to Elmi. Some outlets have questioned whether Elmi is Omar’s brother. However, there is no evidence to corroborate this. The roller-coaster ride of martial information does not end here though; the documents that helped uncover this information reveal that Omar, Hirsi, and Elmi were potentially all living together.
Insider Blows Whistle & Exec Reveals Google Plan to Prevent “Trump situation” in 2020 on Hidden Cam * Insider: Google "is bent on never letting somebody like Donald Trump come to power again." * Google Head of Responsible Innovation Says Elizabeth Warren "misguided" on "breaking up Google" * Google Exec Says Don’t Break Us Up: "smaller companies don’t have the resources" to "prevent next Trump situation" * Insider Says PragerU And Dave Rubin Content Suppressed, Targeted As "Right-Wing" * LEAKED Documents Highlight "Machine Learning Fairness" and Google’s Practices to Make Search Results "fair and equitable" * Documents Appear to Show "Editorial" Policies That Determine How Google Publishes News * Insider: Google Violates "letter of the law" and "spirit of the law" on Section 230
"You know, I'm about ready to do a deal on reparations. Wait, don't go, this is not going to be 'The Conservative Case For Caving In On Reparations', no, you'll have to go to the
Holiday On The Hudson
George Benjamin Luks From the Cleveland Museum's description (emphasis mine)
A sun-dappled scene of middle-class leisure, Holiday on the Hudson is an atypical work by Luks, who more often turned to gritty tenement subjects for inspiration. Throughout his career, the painter fashioned himself as a brash, profane, and hard-drinking antagonist to New York’s genteel art-world establishment. The museum purchased this work just four months before the artist was beaten to death in the wake of a speakeasy argument.[Hat Tip: MTF]
- Multiple Fingers Pointing at Alleged Leaker of Plans for Sunday's ICE Raids
- Census: Texas Adding 9 Hispanics to Population for Every White Resident (how many coming from over the border? - jjs)
- Blotto Beto: US Must Help Minor Illegal Immigrants Get Abortions or It's The Handmaid's Tale, or Something
- Nancy Palsi to Donald Trump: Thanks for Halting a Few Deportations, Now Give Us a Giant Amnesty
- Congress Won't Fund the One Thing We Need to Enforce Current Law
- Sen. Crapo: Trump "Definitely" Has the Constitutional Authority to Enforce the Immigration Laws
- Cutting Aid To Central America Won't Solve the Border Crisis; It'll Make It Worse
- Something Journalists, Activists and other Democrats Never Suggest to Illegal Aliens: Abide by the Laws Congress Passed!
- Expert: "Only Matter of Time Before Illegal Alien Voting Is Expanded" (deport, deport, deport - jjs)
CLINTON/OBAMA COUP, CONGRESSIONAL PERSECUTION, SPYGATE, DEEP STATE, THE MUELLER DECEPTION
- 15 Reasons Why No One Should Care About the Leaked Trump Transition Vetting Documents
- Podesta's CAP Fuels Dark Money Group Hitting Trump with Lawsuits
- Jerry Nadler Is a Sexist Pig Who Should Be Censured By Congress
- Clapper Hears Barr's "Chilling" Footsteps
DEMOCRAT-LEFTIST SCANDALS, CRIMES, CHUTZ-POCRISY, MESHUGAS
- Chiquita Khruschev AOC Refuses Invitation to Visit Auschwitz Concentration Camp (why should she; it's just a fake movie set, right [sarc]? - jjs)
- Dozens Of Documents Indicate Bro-Fo Omar Lived With Ahmed Hirsi While Claiming To Be Married To Ahmed Elmi
- Star Tribune Investigation "Could Neither Conclusively Confirm Nor Rebut" Bro-Fo Omar Married Brother (she and her coven should be stripped of citizenship and deported - jjs)
- Democrats Lash Out at Millionaire Food-Stamp Whistleblower
OFFICIALLY-SANCTIONED DEMOCRAT PARTY ANTI-SEMITISM>
- Cory Booker Won't Rule Out Meeting With Anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan (thank goodness Cory is severely heterosexual or he'd be flying sans airplane - jjs)
- AntiFa Terrorists Target Tucker Carlson's Home In DC Poster Campaign
- Michigan GOP Headquarters Targeted with Anti-ICE Graffiti
- Don Lemon Was Not the First to Make the Trump-Is-Like-Hitler Comparison
- Black Lives Matter Protesters Come for Mayor Buttplug After Police Shooting in South Bend
- Rabbi Fischer: The Dems' 2020 Election Strategy: Feeding, Clothing, and Housing Your Loved Ones on a Diet of Investigations, Open Borders, Climate, and Impeachment
- Harsanyi: Biden Was More Than "Civil" With Segregationists - He Was An Ally
- NY Post: Sandersnista and Fauxca-Has-Been Turn on Each Other, and Other Items
- Retired US Admiral Joe Sestak Joins Huge Field of Democrat Hopefuls
- The Democrats' Pennsylvania Edge (the trunk of Stuart Smalley's Buick LeSabre? - jjs)
- Say, What? Trump Rape Accuser Says She Wishes She'd Asked For His Tax Returns During Attack
- I've Got a Plan for That!
- Cleveland: 5 Things To Expect From President Trump Live-Tweeting the Democrat Debates
- Why the Dems Will Never Win Back Trump Voters (but will the GOPe ever allow future Trumps to run? - jjs)
- Presidential Tweets and a SCOTUS Sneak Peek
FIRST AMENDMENT, CENSORSHIP, FAKE NEWS, BIG BROTHER BIG TECH
- Online Knitting Community Ravelry Bans Trump Supporters, Accuses Them of Backing "White Supremacy" (only in cable-knit sweaters - jjs)
- Rep. Jack Bergman: Revoke Al Jazeera's Congressional Press Credentials
- WaPo Affiliated Rag Mislabels Segregationists as Republicans
- Rep Doug Lamborn Introduces Bill to Defund Public Broadcasting
- EU Flag Burn Ban Reveals Bloc's Totalitarian Instincts; Americans Should Differ
- Big Abortion in the Big Apple
- No Choice: Judge Forces UK Woman to Have Abortion
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, INTERNATIONAL
- Seeking Partners: Pompeo Lands in Saudi Arabia for Iran Crisis Talks
- Trump Is Winning the Little Cold War With Iran
- Trump Approved Cyber-Attacks Against Iran After He Backed Off a Military Assault
- Was the Failure to Strike Iran Trump's "Red Line" Moment, Or Is It Part of a Larger Trump Strategy?
- Why Scrapping the Iran Nuclear Deal Was the Right Move
- Putin: War Between US and Iran Would Be a "Disaster For the Region"
- Trump vs. the Mullahs
- Yes, Warmongers, Trump Does Have a "Coherent Foreign Policy": It's Called "the National Interest"
- Whose Side Is Germany On?
- "Men in Burkas" Acid Attack Londoners
- How Christianity Is Helping Keep Hong Kong's Stunning Protests a Peaceful Beacon To the World (also an X factor in ultimately freeing China as a whole, IMHO - jjs)
- The UK Showdown
- "Just Kill Him, Brother": A Widow's Harrowing Story of South African "Farm Attacks" the Media Dismisses
ISLAM, TERRORISM, SHARIA, DHIMMITUDE
- Greenfield: How a Court Made the Chapel Hill Islamophobia Hoax Official
DOMESTIC AFFAIRS, THE BUREAUCRACY, WASTE, FRAUD, CORRUPTION
- Kagan Seethes As High Court Conservatives Deliver Property Rights Win
- Health Aides Want Union Hands Off
THE ECONOMY, STUPID
- The Fed's Altimeter May Be Broken
- Norman: Corn at the Pump
- Free Trade and the "Cheap Goods" Delusion
CRIME & PUNISHMENT, NON-DOSTOYEVSKY
- Thomas Dissent Rips Into Kavanaugh SCOTUS Opinion... Over Racial Politics
- What Made American Academia Great... And How It Was Destroyed
RED-GREENS, CLIMATE CHANGE HOAX, LYSENKOISM
- The Energy Solution That Should Make Everyone Happy
- Roll Out Those Lazy, Hazy, Snowy Days of Summer
FEMINAZISM, TRANSGENDER PSYCHOSIS, HOMOSEXUALIZATION, WAR ON MASCULINITY/NORMALCY
- Fauxca-Has-Been Warren Wants Reparations... For Same-Sex Couples?!
- Feminist TA at UC Santa Barbara Under Fire for Saying Men Are Not Women
CULTURE WARS, HITHER & YON
- Toto: Roger "Maxine" Waters Sings Maduro's Praises While Venezuela Burns
- Into the Lion's Den: Chick-Fil-A Opening Its First Seattle Location This Week
- The Tampa Bay Travelers?
- Hollywood's Anti-Communist Movies
- The Long March of Individualism Comes To a Juddering Halt
- Stein: The Red Decade, Redux
AMNESTY, IMMIGRATION, MIGRANT INVASION BORDER WALL, BORDER SECURITY
June 23, 2019
“Our 2019 focus is on operational execution in our restaurants and optimizing the experience for our customers,” McDonald’s CEO Steve Easterbrook
Who wants a U.S. war with Iran? Primarily the same people who goaded us into wars in Iraq, Syria, Libya and Yemen, and who oppose every effort of Trump’s to extricate us from those wars. Should they succeed in Iran, it is hard to see how we will ever be able to extricate our country from this blood-soaked region that holds no vital strategic interest save oil, and America, thanks to fracking, has become independent of that.Patrick J. Buchanan
"I've got the [SNAP] form in my hand and I'm thinking of my financial situation, and I said ‘you know, I just can't believe this. So I went down to the second floor of the Sterns County Courthouse, stood in line a little bit, handed in the application and three weeks later I'm getting food stamps, a balance on my EBT card." Rob Undersander
“I’d like to express my deep and heartfelt gratitude to David Gilmour for this utterly remarkable gift. David has a long history of supporting charities and I am honored that he has chosen ClientEarth to benefit from this landmark auction.” James thornton
From commenter "LiveFreeOrDie" comes a short video on The Three Fifths Compromise and Illegal Immigration.
I’ve put together a video on illegal immigration with a good hook, where I compare the current dynamics to the 3/5 Compromise.It's good explanation of the origins of the compromise, which is almost universally misunderstood (or purposefully conflated with its opposite intent). Just ask a recent college graduate what it is and what it means, and you will see... [Another version of the video is embedded below the fold...]
It's a cute but ultimately dumb idea, mostly because mandating anything is anathema to a free society. The article is actually well reasoned (aside from a factual error), and while it will never happen it is worth thinking about.Must Pack Heat: The Case for Mandating Gun Ownership
Obamacare is the perfect model for Republicans to follow to settle the gun issue once and for all. Using the same legal reasoning as the Affordable Care Act, pro-gun legislators can win this war by pushing for an individual gun ownership mandate. Such a mandate can be from the top-down, a Federal mandate. Or, like Romneycare, it can be instituted on the state level first—West Virginia, here’s looking at you. We’ve seen this happen recently with this very issue. At first, concealed carry laws were only allowed in certain states. Now, all fifty states allow for such licenses. A gun-ownership mandate could play out the same way.See the error? Concealed carry is technically legal, but in reality impossible in New Jersey. And there are a few other states that make it extraordinarily difficult. This may seem to be a trivial quibble, but a lot of people in America live in places that have thoroughly demonized guns. But just the conversation shifts the Overton Window just a bit, and I am all for that, especially in an era of rabid hoplophobia, and when the authoritarian Left is gleefully attacking our basic freedoms.
Good morning to all you 'rons, 'ettes, lurkers, and lurkettes, wine moms, frat bros, crétins sans pantalon, fat-heads, meat-heads, pot-heads, acid-heads, potato-heads and morons who picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue. Welcome once again to the stately, prestigious, internationally acclaimed and high-class Sunday Morning Book Thread, a weekly compendium of reviews, observations, snark, and a continuing conversation on books, reading, writing, and publishing by escaped oafs who follow words with their fingers and whose lips move as they read. Unlike other AoSHQ comment threads, the Sunday Morning Book Thread is so hoity-toity, pants are required. Even if it's these pants, which look like something George Jetson might see after accidentally inhaling some space mushroom spores.
Pic Note This library has been around for awhile:
Founded in 1807, the Boston Athenæum is one of the oldest and most distinguished independent libraries and cultural institutions in the United States. It grew out of a slightly earlier organization known as the Anthology Society which had been formed in 1805 by a group of Bostonians...[whose] purpose was to form "an establishment similar to that of the Athenæum and Lyceum of Liverpool in Great Britain; combining the advantages of a public library [and] containing the great works of learning and science in all languages."...Today its collections comprise over half a million volumes, with particular strengths in Boston history, New England state and local history, biography, English and American literature, and the fine and decorative arts.
Children's Book Bleg I see many requests from you morons for children's book recommendations, presumably because you want good stories and you don't want to fill up their heads with modern day woke crap. So I am working with 'ette commenter "Brunette the 'Ette" to compile a spreadsheet (or series of spreadsheets) of good recommendations based on age. And by "working with" I mean that Brunette is doing all of the work and I'll just take what she sends me and make it available. The question is, what's the best way to do this? These will be Excel spreadsheets (containing links to Amazon and other sites) and I doubt all of you have Microsoft Office, so I'm open to suggestions. Maybe some kind of Google doc thingy somewhere on the so-called 'Cloud'? Please leave your suggestions in the comments. Thank you.
It Pays To Increase Your Word Power® Covertly implying or drawing attention to something by ostensibly avoiding all mention of it is called PARALEIPSIS. Usage: Remember that thing I told you to stop thinking about it? Well, stop thinking about it.
I did not fully grok that vacationing with a five and one year old would be so far removed from relaxing.I think... I can't wait to go back to work.
June 22, 2019
Processing 0.0, elapsed 0.007 seconds.
15 queries taking 0.0027 seconds, 25 records returned.
Page size 61 kb.
Powered by Minx 0.7 alpha.